Shadow's hero story

It was a dark and dingy morning, a traveller was on his horse trotting through a thick forest when in the distance he saw lots of smoke and what resembled to be a town smouldering with embers. as the traveller drew closer he could hear what sounded like a young child crying. he started to follow the cry wondering what had happened to this place. when he reached the town he saw corpses lining the roads and a young boy kneeling down besides his parents, shouting for them
to come back.

The traveller dismounts his horse and slowly walks over to try and comfort the boy. but the boy hears the traveller and runs off into the shadows. the traveller shouts for the boy and tells him he is there to help but he couldn’t find the child anywhere. the traveller determined not to leave the boy, he walked around the town just talking trying to find the boy. for a long time passed and he herd the boy speak back and it came from the shadows. the boy was telling the traveller that he was terrified and explained what happened the night before. the traveller looking off into the shadows listening to the boy, when the boy stopped, the traveller asked him to come out from the shadows but he refused, he said “I’m hideous, when normal people see me they run away, that’s why our village was destroyed because we look evil and distrusting”.

The traveller tells the boy that he like normal people and he is willing not matter what the boy looked like to help. then slowly emerging from the shadows was a little Tiefling boy, he had dark red scally skin, long black hair, two horns but one was broken three quarters of the way down. his eyes pure black, ears long and pointed and teeth like a vampire. he had a long fork tipped tail and on his back what looked like bat wings slowly forming on his back. the traveller said to the boy “its not looks that matter, its what you do in this world that shows your true self”.

He also said that he was going to take the boy and look after him, he walks over to the boy and asks for his name but he didn’t want to say it, the traveller thought to himself why would the boy refuse to give him a name but then again he didn’t want to force the boy as he had already gone through hell. the traveller puts a blanket around the boy and looks him in the eyes and says “I’m gonna call you shadow”

What the traveller didn’t realise was shadow wasn’t just an ordinary tiefling
boy but a destined hero. shadow grow up with the traveller going on many
quests and the traveller taught shadow everything he will ever need to survive,
he also taught himself how to hide in the shadows and he could disappear into
the night. but one adventure shadow didn’t realise but it was the last time.

He would see the traveller. as they went through a dungeon he was struck down
by a massive hoard of troglodytes. shadow only just made it carrying the traveller to safety
they got out of the cave and shadow put him down by an oak tree.

The traveller barely able to talk says to shadow “promise me you will
survive, promise me you will become the greatest of all heroes and never face
away from evil and help anyone in need”.
shadow responded while his eyes were streaming with tears “thank you
for everything you have done for me, I will honour your life by
fighting for the weak and becoming the greatest of heroes”. the traveller
grabs the shadow’s hand and takes his last breath.

Shadow now alone in the world, made his way from city to city, village to village
helping anyone in need and soon enough the name shadow started to become a legend
in taverns and tales told. only a handful of people physically spoke to shadow and saw his face
because he was worried people would get the wrong impression of his appearance.

As he made his way through the world he constantly heard tales and stories of
the heroes of Azargath, fascinated by the stories and wanting to become a great hero
he set off to Azargath. on his way, he helped anyone that was in need and for filling any quest
he was given. then one night as he knew he was getting closer.
he could see a great city in the distance and he knew this was the great kingdom of Azargath
he made his way through the night and to the gate where he passed through using the cover of night and then disappeared into the city to find his first quest to become a great hero.

After many cold nights Shadow finally arrives at his destination, the Kingdom of Rendarion, also know as the Kingdom of heroes. he walked down the forest path looking towards the city and just as he gets closer he freezes and stops himself dead in his tracks . he kept telling himself that he could never be a hero because he looks like something a hero would kill, ‘this was pointless’ he muttered to himself and then all of a sudden he hears a scream in the distance and his instincts kicked in. he found himself following the noises into the forest and then he saw light coming from a small campfire, he stays hidden in the darkness and evaluating the situation he finds a woman tied up to a post who seemed quite injured and three bandits, on was sat on a fallen down tree right in front of the campfire with his back to everyone, the other sat on a log opposite the woman sharpening an axe tormenting her and the other was sound as sleep in a makeshift sleeping bag.

Shadow thought to himself this could be a chance to prove himself. he silently climbed the tree next to him and moved himself above the man with the axe and firmly stated “untie the woman and let her leave peacefully and leave this place to never return, if not there will be consequences”. the bandits startled with the voice, stand up and frantically look around talking to each other like a ghost was haunting them. one bandit cries out “show yourself, we are never leaving this place”.

Shadow knew these were the stubborn type of bandit who always stand their ground, he thought to himself he kinda respected that fact about them but then hated all the terrible things they would do to people and all the awful things they would do to the people of Redarion. so he knew there was only one option.

While the bandits were looking to find the source of the voice but could only see darkness. shadow leaped out of the tree with his dagger in hand, forcing it through the head of one of the bandits. as the body lands on the floor, shadow rolls off into the bushes disappearing once again. the second bandit stunned with what he just witnessed runs over to his friend who is asleep trying his best to wake him up. as he shakes his friend, he rollers over to reveal a dagger going through his heart. the last bandit jumped back in shook holding his sword up in defence. “WHO ARE YOU” he shouts, shadow slowly emerges from the darkness with is hand out empty “i did warn you and told you to leave” . the bandit not knowing what to do and a bit scared of shadows appearance, charges shadow with his sword. shadow braces himself and puts his left foot back anticipating the bandit to attack. as the bandit approaches shadow he slash’s with his sword but shadow knew he’s exact movement. as his sword came down shadow move to the side and using his tail swept the bandit off his feet, the bandit lets go of his sword and as its flying through the air shadow grabs it and stabs it into the ground less then and inch away from the bandits head. he backs of, removing his hood and says “leave this place never to return and if you see anyone else like you around here, well tell them the shadow is to fair away”. the bandit gets up as quick as he can and runs off into the forest.

Shadow thought to himself well ‘that was a close one’ and looks up at the woman, he didn’t notice before but she was an elf barely conscious. shadow didn’t know much about elf’s but from what he knew they are beautiful and magical creatures. he knelt down to the woman and began cutting her ties and he did so she fell into him, shadow worried for the woman’s health, he picked her up and started running towards town.
Not caring what everyone might say about his appearance and the fact he didn’t really know where he was going he rushed of trying his best to find HELP.

Thankfully it was still dark but not too long until the sun will rise. shadow makes his way into the town with his hood up and a rag covering most of his face, holding the unconscious elf in his arms. there wasn’t much movement in the streets except a man stumbling around the roads, shadow runs up to the man and asks him if knew of a healer in town? the man looking at shadow confused stated with a very slurred speech " hello my friend, I’m Good Old Jack! what can I help you with today". shadow worried he won’t get much sense out of good old Jack , asks him a second time if he knew of a healer or doctor of some kind. Jack still looking at shadow confused and barely able to stand says " Oh Yes, oh yes, you mean Averie’s Apothecary, If you go up the street there and take a left you will see the sign, it’s hard to miss". shadow thinks to himself ‘hopefully he’s not too drunk that he’s making this up’, he thanks good old Jack and runs off to the apothecary, good old jack watches shadow disappear down the street and slowly waves bye nearly falling over.

Shadow follows good old Jacks directions and to his amazement, he sees a sign that reads Averie’s Apothecary. Shadow goes and knocks loudly at the door asking for help. he sees a candlelight coming towards the door and then it opened. a tall magical elf stood in front of shadow but she seemed quite troubled and worried. Averie looks down at shadow and see’s the young woman in his arms. before shadow could get a word out, the woman stepped back and dropped her candle in shock ‘going out as it hit the floor’ "is that my Adaya, please come in gesturing with her hand quickly. Shadow walk in ignoring his fear of her seeing his face and pushing him out screaming like most people do. Averie guides Shadow towards a room with an empty bed. “please put her down here” she said still in shock. Shadow puts her down softly onto the bed and steps back and almost immediately Averie starts treating her wounds and getting some potions together and asks what happened to Adaya. Shadow explained about the bandit situation and Averie reply’s “I told her not to go to far into the forest, it’s dangerous, but my daughter loves to explore. she went missing a few days ago last seen going into that deadly forest, i was worried i would never see her again”

Shadow in a bit of shock not even realising it was her daughter replies “I’m so glad I could reunite you both, I’m new here and just got into town but I don’t think anyone would really want to know me” “what do you mean. your a Hero! you saved my little girl and brought her home using only the kindness in your heart and to me that’s a hero, everyone loves heroes” Averie replied with certainty.

Shadow stepped back stunned thinking to himself ‘this was the first time anyone has called me a hero to my face’ but he knew deep down that there was still a long road before becoming one of the greatest hero. Averie requested Shadow to make himself comfortable and for his name but shadow refused worried what Averie might think of him when he uncovers himself. Shadow quickly expressing " no its okay, ive overstayed my welcome, i will let myself out. thankyou for all your kind words and i hope Adaya makes a fast and full recovery". before Averie could speak Shadow dashed off out the door and entered his deepest fear, out in a busy street in the daylight with so many people. Shadow stunned makes sure his hood is up and the rag is covering his face still trying desperately not to been seen. as hes walking up the street he realises people are starring at him and he can her the mumbles of people talking about him saying about that horn coming out of his head and his tail just poking out the bottom of his cloak. he turns back to see if anyone was following him and as he does 5 men come out of a taven as hes walking past, knocking him down to the floor, his hood flies off his head and the rag falls off his face. he looks up at the men who are heavily armed and as they look down at shadow, they put their hands on their weapons waiting to strike. except one!

They all looked like heroes but that one looked like an almighty hero, he had a scar close to his right eye, his armor looked spectacular and he wielded a few different weapons. he had daggers dotted around his body and a mighty sword to his side and a bow on his back but the bow looked well used like it was his favorite weapon. the main reason shadow looked at him like a true hero was because he didn’t put one hand on a weapon but looked at him trying to work out who he was but it looked like he wasn’t judging his appearance. at that moment shadow leaped up off the ground and ran off into an ally disappearing into the shadows. the hero ran after him but Shadow was nowhere to be found!

Shadow runs into the ally finding a dark corner partway up a building, He quickly wraps his cloak around himself covering him in complete darkness. peering through the split in his cloak he watches as the same hero runs into the ally looking around trying to find him. shadow thought to himself. ‘That’s that hero again I will never forget that scar and that brave look about him. he seems to have so much courage, what should I do, I want to meet him but I’m worried it might not end well but maybe this is my chance to become a hero’. as Shadow was battling with his thoughts he saw the Hero leave and he missed his chance. he thought to himself 'this was no use, maybe I shouldn’t have come here and he climbs to the top of the building noticing the gorgeous sunlight. he was able to see the beautiful green forest surrounding the town and a great mountain in the distance.

Shadow spends most of his life in darkness forgetting how amazing the world can be in the light. he sat on top of the building pondering his existence while watching the sunrise in the sky and the wind blowing through the trees, listening to the beautiful sound of birds chirping all around. he thinks to himself ‘I need to do this more, i didn’t realize how stunning this world can be after years of living in the shadows’. after a few hours of pondering in the sunlight and watching the world go by, he notices smoke coming from the south side of the town.

“What is happening over there, I hope those people are okay, I should go down and help but it’s daylight and Id do more harm than good” shadow thought to himself. despite shadows demons telling him to leave and never come back and don’t help those people because they think you’re a monster. he glides from rooftop to rooftop, trying his best not to be seen. as he gets closer he notices more smoke and buildings on fire, what look like bandits running out from the forest plundering the town, killing anyone who stood in their way, and taking the women and children into the forest.

Shadow knew he couldn’t leave the situation without help. the smoke was filling the sky blocking the sunlight, it was like day turned to night in an instance. Shadow looking on at the flames, and smoke and hearing all the screams gave him flashbacks to when his village was attacked and his friends and family were killed. While stuck in his flashback he thought to himself ’ i was too young to do anything, I was so scared and alone. but this isn’t real, I’m older wiser and stronger than I ever was all thanks to the traveler who saved my life. now I can help, now I will be the one to save those people. no one should ever have to put up with this torture and I will not stand for it!

This is start to current. everything i have on the Adventurers of Shadow

After many cold nights Shadow finally arrives at his destination, the Kingdom of Rendarion, also know as the Kingdom of heroes. he walked down the forest path looking towards the city and just as he gets closer he freezes and stops himself dead in his tracks . he kept telling himself that he could never be a hero because he looks like something a hero would kill, ‘this was pointless’ he muttered to himself and then all of a sudden he hears a scream in the distance and his instincts kicked in. he found himself following the noises into the forest and then he saw light coming from a small campfire, he stays hidden in the darkness and evaluating the situation he finds a woman tied up to a post who seemed quite injured and three bandits, on was sat on a fallen down tree right in front of the campfire with his back to everyone, the other sat on a log opposite the woman sharpening an axe tormenting her and the other was sound as sleep in a makeshift sleeping bag. shadow thought to himself this could be a chance to prove himself. he silently climbed the tree next to him and moved himself above the man with the axe and firmly stated “untie the woman and let her leave peacefully and leave this place to never return, if not there will be consequences”. the bandits startled with the voice, stand up and frantically look around talking to each other like a ghost was haunting them. one bandit cries out “show yourself, we are never leaving this place”. shadow knew these were the stubborn type of bandit who always stand their ground, he thought to himself he kinda respected that fact about them but then hated all the terrible things they would do to people and all the awful things they would do to the people of Redarion. so he knew there was only one option.

• while the bandits were looking to find the source of the voice but could only see darkness. shadow leaped out of the tree with his dagger in hand, forcing it through the head of one of the bandits. as the body lands on the floor shadow rolls off into the bushes disappearing once again. the second bandit stunned with what he just witnessed runs over to his friend who is asleep trying his best to wake him up. as he shakes his friend, he rollers over to reveal a dagger going through his heart. the last bandit jumped back in shook holding his sword up in defence. “WHO ARE YOU” he shouts, shadow slowly emerges from the darkness with is hand out empty “i did warn you and told you to leave” . the bandit not knowing what to do and a bit scared of shadows appearance, charges shadow with his sword. shadow braces himself and puts his left foot back anticipating the bandit to attack. as the bandit approaches shadow he slash’s with his sword but shadow knew he’s exact movement. as his sword came down shadow move to the side and using his tail swept the bandit off his feet, the bandit lets go of his sword and as its flying through the air shadow grabs it and stabs it into the ground less then and inch away from the bandits head. he backs of, removing his hood and says “leave this place never to return and if you see anyone else like you around here, well tell them the shadow is to fair away”. the bandit gets up as quick as he can and runs off into the forest. shadow thought to himself well ‘that was a close one’ and looks up at the woman, he didn’t notice before but she was an elf barely conscious. shadow didn’t know much about elf’s but from what he knew they are beautiful and magical creatures. he knelt down to the woman and began cutting her ties and he did so she fell into him, shadow worried for the woman’s health, he picked her up and started running towards town.

• not caring what everyone might say about his appearance and the fact he didn’t really know where he was going he rushed of trying his best to find HELP. thankfully it was still dark but not to long until the sun will rise. shadow makes his way into the town with his hood up and a rag covering most of his face, holding the unconscious elf in his arms. there wasn’t much movement in the streets except a man stumbling around the roads, shadow runs up to the man and asks him if knew of a healer in town? the man looking at shadow confused stated with a very slurred speech " hello my friend, I’m Good Old Jack! what can I help you with today". shadow worried he wont get much sense out of good old Jack , asks him a second time if he knew of a healer or doctor of some kind. Jack still looking at shadow confused and barely able to stand says " Oh Yes, oh yes, you mean Averie’s Apothecary, If you go up the street there and take a left you will see the sign, its hard to miss". shadow thinking to himself ‘hopefully he’s not to drunk that he’s making this up’, he thanks good old Jack and runs off to the apothecary, good old jack watches shadow disapear down the street and slowly waves bye nearly falling over.

• shadow follows good old Jacks directions and to his amazement he sees a sign that reads Averie’s Apothecary. Shadow goes and knocks loudly at the door asking for help. he see’s a candle light coming towards the door and then it opened. a tall magical elf stood in front of shadow but she seemed quite troubled and worried. Averie looks down at shadow and see’s the young woman in his arms. before shadow could get a word out, the woman stepped back and dropped her candle in shock ‘going out as it hit the floor’ "is that my Adaya, please come in gesturing with her hand quickly. Shadow walk in ignoring his fear of her seeing his face and pushing him out screaming like most people do. Averie guides Shadow towards a room with a empty bed. “please put her down here” she said still in shock. Shadow puts her down softly onto the bed and steps back and almost immediately Averie starts treating her wounds and getting some potions together and asks what happened to Adaya. Shadow explained about the bandit situation and Averie reply’s “I told her not to go to far into the forest, its dangerous, but my daughter loves to explore. she went missing a few days ago last seen going into that deadly forest, i was worried i would never see her again”

• shadow in a bit of shocking not even realising it was her daughter replies “I’m so glad I could reunite you both, I’m new here and just got into town but I don’t think anyone would really want to know me” “what do you mean. your a Hero! you saved my little girl and brought her home using only the kindness in your heart and to me that’s a hero, everyone loves heroes” Averie replied with certainty. Shadow stepping back stunned thinking to himself ‘this was the first time anyone has called me a hero to my face’ but he knew deep down that there was still a long road before becoming one of the greatest hero. Averie requested Shadow to make himself comfortable and for his name but shadow refused worried what Averie might think of him when he uncovers himself. Shadow quickly expressing " no its okay, ive overstayed my welcome, i will let myself out. thankyou for all your kind words and i hope Adaya makes a fast and full recovery". before Averie could speak Shadow dashed off out the door and entered his deepest fear, out in a busy street in the daylight with so many people. Shadow stunned makes sure his hood is up and the rag is covering his face still trying desperately not to been seen. as hes walking up the street he realises people are starring at him and he can her the mumbles of people talking about him saying about that horn coming out of his head and his tail just poking out the bottom of his cloak. he turns back to see if anyone was following him and as he does 5 men come out of a taven as hes walking past, knocking him down to the floor, his hood flies off his head and the rag falls off his face. he looks up at the men who are heavily armed and as they look down at shadow, they put their hands on their weapons waiting to strike. except one!

• they all looked like heroes but that one looked like an almighty hero, he had a scar close to his right eye, his armour looked spectacular and he wielded a few different weapons. he had daggers dotted around his body and a mighty sword to his side and a bow on his back but the bow looked well used like it was his favourite weapon. the main reason shadow looked at him like a true hero was because he didn’t put one hand on a weapon but looked at him trying to work out who he was but it looked like he wasn’t judging his appearance. in that moment shadow leaped up off the ground and ran off into an ally disappearing into the shadows. the hero ran after him but Shadow was nowhere to be found!

• Shadow runs into the ally finding a dark corner part way up a building, He quickly wraps his cloak around himself covering him in complete darkness. peering though the split in his cloak he watches as the same hero runs into the ally looking around trying to find him. shadow thought to himself. ‘That’s that hero again I will never forget that scar and that brave look about him. he seems to have so much courage, what should I do, I want to meet him but I’m worried it might not end well but maybe this is my chance to become a hero’. as Shadow was battling with his thoughts he saw the Hero leave and he missed his chance. he thought to himself ‘this was no use, maybe i shouldn’t have come here’ and he climbs to the top of the building noticing the gorgeous sunlight. he was able to see the beautiful green forest surrounding the town and a great mountain in the distance. Shadow spending most of his life in darkness forgetting how amazing the world can be in the light. he sat on top of the building pondering his existence while watching the sun rise in the sky and the wind blowing through the trees, listening to the beautiful sound of birds chirping all around. he thinks to himself ‘I need to do this more, i didnt realise how stunning this world can be after years of living in the shadows’. after a few hours of pondering in the sunlight watching the world go by, he notices smoke coming from the south side of the town.

“what is happening over there, i hope those people are okay, i should go down and help but its daylight and Id do more harm then good” shadow thought to himself. despite shadows demons telling him to leave and never come back and dont help those people because they think your a monster. he glides from roof top to roof top, trying his best not to be seen. as he gets closer he notices more smoke and buildings on fire, what look like bandits running out from the forest plundering the town, killing anyone who stood in there way and taking the women and children into the forest. Shadow knew he couldnt leave the situation without helping. the smoke was fillling the sky blocking the sunlight, it was like day turned to night in an instance. Shadow looking on at the flames, smoke amd hearing all the screams gave him flash backs to when his village was attack and his friends and family were killed. While stuck in his flash back he thought to himself ’ i was to young to do anything, i was so scared and alone. but this isnt real, im older wiser and stronger then i ever was all thanks to the traveller who saved mylife. now i can help, now i will be the one to save those people. no one should ever have to put up with this torture and i will not stand for it!

Shadow finds himself back on the roof close to where the bandits were plundering and setting fires all over the place. shadow jumps down from the roof into an ally, he walks out into the middle of the street just up from the bandits and shouts down to them " leave this place, leave these people alone or you all die and it won’t be nice" most of the bandit stopped what they were doing and looked up at the mysterious figure up the street. One of the bandits shouts “Oh Yeah! What are you going to do about it! There are a load of us and there is just one of you” After hearing this Shadow slowly took his hood down and removed the rag from his face and drew his swords.

Shadow owned two Damascus steel katana shaped swords, the blade was black with a Damascus inlay and the grips are tightly wrapped with a dark red and black leather with gold stitching. Shadow was given these sword by the traveler that saved him after many years of training Shadow became a renowned sword fighter. but not many people knew of Shadow’s story in Rendarion, he was a nobody.

Shadow drew his swords out wide and started walking down the street saying “your going to regret this!”. then bandits a little startled start running towards Shadow one by one. the first bandit runs up and swipes his sword at shadow but shadow deflects the blow and then decapitates the bandit with one swift movement. then one after another they try to take shadow down but one by one they fall lifeless of screaming for their lives. the bandits start to get worried and then decide to jump at shadow altogether.

Shadow knew this might be his last stand, he closes his eyes and pays attention to all the sounds going on around him, deflecting blow after blow and taking down as many bandits as possible. until all of a sudden shadow takes a blow to the back of his head and falls unconscious to the floor. shadow knew he might not make it but still tried his all to protect those people.